No Racing Saturday in Le Havre
– Big waves keep the teams on shore all day
A strong low pressure system passed through Normandy Friday night with winds exceeding 50 knots and left behind huge waves on Saturday. Despite repeated attempts by the race committee to get things started, the race boats never left the harbor and no races were sailing on day two of the Normandie Match Cup – the first event of the 2019 Women’s International Match Racing Series (WIM Series) season in Le Havre.
The Normandie Match Cup is raced in the Beneteau First Class 7.5 boats and the intention is to continue the double round robin tomorrow (Sunday) before moving on to the knockout stages. The semi-finals, petite finals and finals will be raced on Monday June 10th.
Standings in the 2019 Normandie Match Cup, the first event of the 2019 WIM Series, after day 1 of the round-robin (skipper, team name, nationality, wins – losses):
1. Pauline Courtois, Match in Pink by Normandy Elite Team, FRA, 3-0
2. Marinella Laaksonen, L2 Match Racing Team, FIN, 2-0
3. Margot Vennin, Matchmoiselles by Normandy Elite Team, FRA, 3-1
4. Anna Östling, WINGS, SWE, 2-2
5. Marie Björling Duell, Team Marie, SWE, 2-3
6. Chloé Le Bars, No Name Sailing Team, FRA, 1-2
7. Lea Richter Vogelius, Team Kattnakken, DEN, 1-3
8. Margot Riou, APCC Women Sailing Team, FRA, 0-3